April 30, 2007

April Recap

Busy, busy, busy month.

WorthPlaying:
Preview: Crash of the Titans (Multi)
Preview: Cube (PSP)
Preview: Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (PC/360/PS3)
Preview: F.E.A.R. (PS3)
Preview: Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (PC)
Preview: Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition (Wii)
Preview: Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (Wii)
Preview: Rocketmen: Axis of Evil (360/PS3)
Preview: Scarface: The World is Yours (Wii)
Preview: Spider-Man 3 (360/PS3)
Preview: Spider-Man 3 (Wii/DS)
Preview: Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (360/PS3)
Preview: TimeShift (PC/360)
Review: QuickSpot (DS)
Feature: Editorial Spotlight - April 2007

Static Multimedia:
Review: Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords (PSP)

Sixteen articles; only two reviews!

Needless to say, April represented quite a change of pace for me. The month started shortly after I returned from my first business trip, and as such, my first articles were coverage from those events (Spidey 3 & Quake Wars). And just over a week into the month, I was back in California, this time in the Bay Area for four nights to cover a pair of large events (Capcom Gamers Day and the Sierra Spring Event). Between the two, I saw a ton of titles, and I had to write a preview for nearly all of them. Of those articles listed above, a dozen of those previews are based on what I saw at those events (including the late March ones). I still have eight more previews to do. Man.

But regardless of the workload, I'm quite happy to be attending events, getting out there, and meeting new people in the industry. Contrary to previous speculation, I will not be attending events next week, though I may be lined up to cover something the week after. More on that as it comes.

My first day of blogging at Bits Bytes Pixels & Sprites went well; I made two posts and interacted with people in the comments for other posts. Posting rights were initially withheld in case I had any difficulties, but I earned them by the end of the day via the pair of (apparently) well-constructed blog posts, so... I'm a blogger! It's cool, and definitely different than sitting down to write some big review or feature. I'm looking forward to blogging on a daily-ish basis, and I hope that I can contribute to the ongoing success of the site.

I may have a couple of other writing opportunities developing in the near future, so I'll post if anything is happening. Though I'm anxious to get back on the road and cover some events, I'm also looking forward to savoring some time with my consoles (once I finish this mound of previews). I'm hoping to get my hands on review copies of Spider-Man 3 and Command & Conquer 3 in the next week and a half... here's hoping.

0 comments: