July 12, 2006

MTVyou

So, I apparently lost round two of the mtvU thing. Congrats to Natalia, who I've chatted with a bit and seems quite awesome.

I can't help but feel like they're looking for something specific each time, perhaps the answer they expect to find. But alas, there can only be one winner each time, and they've been exceedingly lackadaisical about contacting us and letting us know why an essay has won or lost. I was so pumped about this thing when it started, yet it's really fallen off my radar. I feel like the stuff I'm doing for WP and Static are far more likely to help me get the job I want post-grad. Besides, I've yet to see an issue of my free year of Billboard magazine, and they haven't contacted me about the "virtual mentorship" (which I really am not looking forward to, anyway).

That said, I'd still like to win one of these rounds and get pub'd in Billboard. With my luck, the next question will be sent when I'm in Italy and I'll be disqualified for good.

0 comments: