March 25, 2006

Random Musings

My essay for the Billboard competition is due Monday afternoon. I have to work most of the day Monday, so I'll be writing it tomorrow. I've had the question for a few days, so I've had time to consider it. I'm not the kind of guy who does several drafts, or will completely rewrite something, so here's my plan. I'll write it in the afternoon, let it stew for a few hours during my dinner plans and whatever else I may do tomorrow night, then make any final adjustments and submit it before I go to bed. While this is a terribly important stepping stone in my writing career, I just don't feel the need to go nuts over it. It's an opportunity, win or lose, so here's hoping my work is good enough to win. I've got a good idea of what I want to say.

I've now submitted five reviews to Static Multimedia, including one of the Transporter 2 UMD they sent me this week. None have been posted yet, and I'm not ashamed to say I'm getting a little impatient. And I mean that not in a negative way towards the site; not at all. Mike said there were some database issues to take care of first, which I totally understand. I'm just antsy to see my work published somewhere other than here, and see where it takes me. I'll post links to my articles whenever they're added to the site. I didn't post the Transporter 2 review on here because it was based on something they provided for me... I just thought I'd give them the courtesy of first publishing rights, at the very least.

As you can see, I've changed the layout here. It had always been tough to read the text on the old layout, and now that I'm updating more (and people are reading more, I hope), I figured it best to find something more functional. I've extended the number of visible posts to five, and added several links on the side of the page. Most are to things I'm involved with, though I also put up a couple links to my friends' active Blogger pages. And hey, a picture of me that's not five years old. That's a plus.

I started and completed Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence within the last week (23 hours!), so I'll be writing a review of that soon. I want to spend a bit more time with the online mode before I do it, though. I'll be fairly busy during the next few days, so don't expect anything til Friday/Saturday. I also need to write the second half of my Xbox 360 Buyer's Guide tomorrow for The Flyer, so I'll post that up when its completed. Finally, the new Saves the Day album has leaked, and it is quite good. Way better than In Reverie. I wouldn't yet put it on par with their first three albums, but it is so good to hear a quality Saves the Day record again. I've listened to it ten times in the last few days. Pick it up in mid-April when it drops.

0 comments: