November 17, 2007

...said Andrew Hayward, freelance video game reviewer.

I've seen and done some strange and unexpected things in my time as a writer, but this was still a bit odd to me:

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution: "Rock Band video game hits Atlanta"

"'I think Rock Band is what the hard-core gamers are more excited about,' said Andrew Hayward, a freelance video game reviewer. 'It does bring so much more into the fold.'"

I don't know that the second line is verbatim (I'm more of a "It brings" kind of guy), but indeed, I was interviewed by another journalist for a story. He contacted me last week about it after seeing my drum-based preview for 1UP from a few months back, and we spoke on the phone briefly about Rock Band and Guitar Hero III. And I'm from the Chicago area, so it's not even a local thing. Kind of odd, but anyway, something else to toss in the ol' memory bank.

Speaking of Rock Band -- the store I reserved it at isn't doing a midnight launch (WTF), but the one 20 minutes from there is; luckily, my friend reserved it at the second store, so I believe we'll be jamming shortly. And then I'll pick up mine in the a.m. and drum until my arms bleed. Yes, bleed. It seems plausible.

1 comments:

Anon said...

That's pretty insane. You're not only out there doing your thing at 1up, but the mainstream media is coming to you for quotes. Nicely done.