September 24, 2006

FutureWords/AndyWrites



G'damn, Okami is beautiful. Screenshots do it little justice; in motion, it resembles anime, like a smooth hybrid of Princess Mononoke and The Hakkenden. I'm coming up on 20 hours of play, and I think I still have quite a ways to go. I promised a review on Thursday -- hopefully I don't have to fudge that.



I'm going to do some other types of reviews for Static to fill out my portfolio a bit, and these look to be the first DVDs I'll be reviewing. The Wizard was a rite of passage for gamers back in 1989... but I was five and still a year or two away from my first Game Boy. I've never seen it, so this will be an amusing experience. And it has Jenny Lewis! Stick It is likely another trashy teen flick in the vein of Bring it On, which I probably enjoyed too much when I was 16. I can think of worse ways to spend an hour and a half. I'd like to contribute in some way to the Print section before I graduate, so that I will have written for all five sections at some point.



I was sent a pre-release American version of Contact for the DS. It ships on October 17th, so I still have some time before I need to get it done. I'll probably start it once I finish Mega Man ZX, which I'll get back into once I finish Okami. I may also put together a preview/interview feature for Static, but I'm unsure at this point. I told Rusty I could set him up with a Contact interview, but I may need to rescind that so I can do a larger feature with the preview incorporated. Eh, I'll figure it out in a week or two.

0 comments: