April 13, 2006

Various Updates

Static Multimedia is sending me some more review materials soon. I'll be seeing Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror for PSP (which has been well-reviewed) and Ong-Bak on UMD. Getting free games/movies is cool, but the best part for me is being able to review things that I wouldn't normally purchase. It allows me to have a more objective opinion, and it exposes me to games that I may not like. I rarely buy a game on a whim, so it's unlikely that anything I buy will get a low score if I review it.

I'm almost done with Metal Gear Acid 2 for PSP, so I'll be reviewing that soon. I'm facing Metal Gear right now, but I'm not sure if it's the final boss or if there's another after it. Pretty great game, I'm leaning towards a B+ score at this point. I plan on playing a bit of Major League Baseball 2K6 and MLB06: The Show today, with the intention of writing an article on baseball gaming for The Flyer (and maybe Static). Unfortunately, the 360 version of 2K6 has a fatal error that causes it to crash the system, so the fate of the article depends on how much playtime I can actually get in. And I've gotta bring back MLB06 tomorrow, so I need to do all the research tonight. Otherwise, the article shall be aborted.

I'm expecting a call from mtvU today. I e-mailed them last night about the status of the competition, and Belle replied saying I should get a call this afternoon. Haven't gotten one yet, though. I'll e-mail her again this weekend if nothing is heard.

0 comments: