December 20, 2008

2008 Music

Just put together my 2008 albums and singles/EPs lists. It wasn't a great year for music for me, reasons being: some of my most anticipated albums (Death Cab, Jack's Mannequin) fell short of my expectations, and it was my busiest year ever ever ever, so I didn't have nearly as much time to investigate new music or give a lot of time to albums that didn't seem to have a lot of upside for me. That said, there were several albums and singles I enjoyed, so I still put together lists.

I should really be able to put together a year-end games list, but I spent so much time working on review games and such this year that I really didn't have a chance to play many of the AAA releases that I feel would be necessary to put together a competent list. I'm going to hit some of those games in the next couple weeks, but by the time I get through the games I want to play, we'll be into 2009 and it won't mean much anyway. However, I'm happy to provide a list of some of the games I really enjoyed this year: PixelJunk Monsters, Burnout Paradise, World of Goo, Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero World Tour, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2, LittleBigPlanet, Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds, Mario Kart Wii, Peggle Nights, and Patapon. Games I still need to complete/play include Metal Gear Solid 4, Grand Theft Auto IV, Gears of War 2, Resistance 2, Mirror's Edge, Prince of Persia, LocoRoco 2 (import) and numerous others, so you can understand why I'm hesitant to put a definitive list out there.

Anywho, here's the musics:

Albums:
1. Phantom Planet - Raise the Dead
2. Fall Out Boy - Folie a Deux
3. Ryan Adams - Cardinology
4. Copeland - You Are My Sunshine
5. The Hush Sound - Goodbye Blues
6. Mates of State - Re-arrange Us
7. Jack's Mannequin - The Glass Passenger
8. The Killers - Day & Age
9. Lydia - Illuminate
10. The Academy Is... - Fast Times at Ridgemont High
11. Ace Enders and a Million Different People - The Secret Wars
12. We Are Scientists - Brain Thrust Mastery
13. Death Cab for Cutie - Narrow Stairs
14. Be Your Own Pet - Get Awkward
15. Ben Folds - Way to Normal
16. Girl Talk - Feed the Animals
17. Chris Walla - Field Manual
18. Conor Oberst - Self-titled
19. N.E.R.D. - Seeing Sounds
20. Kanye West - 808s and Heartbreak

Singles:
1. Jack's Mannequin - The Resolution
2. Fall Out Boy - Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown on a Bad Bet
3. Copeland - On the Safest Ledge
4. Phantom Planet - Do the Panic
5. Ryan Adams - Fix It
6. Fall Out Boy - I Don't Care
7. Adele - Chasing Pavements
8. Ne-Yo - Closer
9. We Are Scientists - After Hours
10. Panic at the Disco - Nine in the Afternoon
11. The Killers - Spaceman
12. The Academy Is... - About a Girl
13. Death Cab for Cutie - I Will Possess Your Heart
14. Kanye West - Heartless
15. Be Your Own Pet - Get Damaged EP
16. The Killers - Human
17. Fall Out Boy - Beat It (ft. John Mayer)
18. Straylight Run - Un Mas Dos EP
19. Kanye West - Love Lockdown
20. Paramore - That's What You Get
21. MGMT - Time to Pretend
22. Weezer - Pork and Beans
23. Usher - Love in This Club
24. Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire
25. Estelle - American Boy (ft. Kanye West)

Last two years of music picks, for reference.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I post all the time on my Twitter now.

0 comments: