June 02, 2007

May Recap

May was, by far, my busiest, most prolific, and most successful month to date. I started the month by wrapping up my coverage of Capcom Gamers Day and the Sierra Spring Event (as well as a couple of reviews), then flew out to San Diego to cover Sony's Gamers Day event (which I'm wrapping up this weekend), and then finished the month by joining the news team at 1UP, where I am currently a News Contributor.

I wrote two dozen articles for WorthPlaying and over a dozen news stories for 1UP (most within the last week) during the month. Because I may doing 3-5 news stories per weekday for 1UP, I won't be linking to all of them here (just check out the 1UP News link atop the blog), but here are the links to all of my WorthPlaying articles:

WorthPlaying:
Preview: The BIGS (PS3/360)
Preview: Carcassonne (360)
Preview: Devil May Cry 4 (Multi)
Preview: Empire Earth III (PC)
Preview: God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP)
Preview: Heavenly Sword (PS3)
Preview: High Velocity Bowling (PS3)
Preview: Jeanne d'Arc (PSP)
Preview: John Woo Presents Stranglehold (Multi)
Preview: Mega Man Star Force (DS)
Preview: Mega Man ZX Advent (DS)
Preview: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP)
Preview: PAIN (PS3)
Preview: PaRappa the Rapper (PSP)
Preview: SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Tactical Strike (PSP)
Preview: SWAT: Target Liberty (PSP)
Preview: Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow (PSP)
Preview: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)
Preview: World in Conflict (PC)
Preview: Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure (Wii)
Review: Burnout Dominator (PS2)
Review: Guitar Hero II (360)
Review: Spider-Man 3 (360)
Feature: Editorial Spotlight - May 2007

That's my final Editorial Spotlight, by the way. With the addition of the 1UP gig, I'm refocusing my WorthPlaying work on preview/event coverage, and I didn't think that the feature represented the best use of my time. That, and I didn't get the impression that anyone was reading it (as it was barely promoted). Pick a reason.

While June is unlikely to hold as many preview/review articles, it will be absolutely packed with busy days. I'll write more about it in a later post, but it looks like I'm spending six nights on the road over the next two weeks, and I've been added to the freelance rotation at another major gaming site. I'll update again this weekend if I have time.

0 comments: