March 09, 2006

Status Update

Just noticed that my iPod article is up for viewing on the Flyer website. I didn't read through it, but it looks fine. My Yellowcard article got chopped up a bit, but there's nothing I can do about that now.

I e-mailed the editor-in-chief of a longtime favorite gaming site about a writing job. I provided my Fight Night and Full Auto reviews. I've not heard anything yet, though I'm still hopeful. If I hear nothing in a few days, I'll take a look at other sites. If you know of any decently popular or well-known non-corporate sites (i.e., not IGN or GameSpot, etc.) that might be interested in taking on a reviewer, leave a comment. I need to start getting my work out there, so if my first choice doesn't work out, I'll be content to look elsewhere.

I traded in those two Xbox 360 games today and bought two new ones: Burnout Revenge and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. Burnout is still incredible; it was as such on the original Xbox, and the 360 version is sexiness personified. Online play is brilliant; much improved. I was worried about Ghost Recon, having never played a Tom Clancy title before, but I like it. It took me about 20 tries to beat the third mission, but I persevered, so I shall continue on. Graphically, it probably is the best title on the system. The character models don't hold a candle to Fight Night, but there's way more going on at any time than in that game. I'll likely review both of these games in a couple weeks time.

0 comments: