November 16, 2005

A Quick Update

I didn't really want to write anything substantial, but I figured I should post something so any of you who are reading this don't think I've given up already. I've been doing a little bit of everything lately, so I've just not had the time or will to type up anything large.

I've been playing quite a bit of Guitar Hero, which is a fairly astonishing game. Yes, it does come with a guitar controller, and yes, it really does feel like you're playing a real guitar. And yeah, you do feel a lot cooler than you should while holding something that vaguely resembles a child's toy. But it's a blast. My buddy Sam came over last night and we played for over three hours, switching off. He should pick up a second guitar controller so we can battle...

I've been assembling my Christmas playlist. I switched to iTunes this past February, so I've spent the last hour adding all my Christmas songs to my list and organizing. Now I'm listening to them and picking out my favorites. I made a holiday mix CD for my friends last year, which was recieved pretty well. I'm not planning another CD this year, but I wanted to make a mix for myself.

It's surprising how many solid holiday songs are out there by artists that I enjoy. Jack's Mannequin just released a holiday song on iTunes called "The Lights and Buzz," which became the first digital song I've ever paid actual money for. It's already got 18 plays since midnight... yeah, I like it quite a bit. I'll post my Christmas playlist whenever I finish it up, probably by the end of the month.

In my last post, I asked for an assignment of a CD to review. George is having me review "Ipecac Neat" by P.O.S. I really haven't had the time to give it a good listen yet, so I figure I'll probably write it over Thanksgiving weekend, maybe a little sooner. Unlike professional writers, I'm not paid to listen to music, and I want to make sure I've given it several solid listens before I commit anything to print (or blog, in this case).

So I've got a couple projects that will make their way here in some respect. I'll write up more on Guitar Hero as I get further into the game, and then I'll put up the other articles I've mentioned as I get to them. As always, feedback should be directed towards the comments, be it criticism, comments, or even an idea on something to write.

0 comments: